Often called “The Gateway to the Keys”, Key Largo is the largest Key stretching for 33 miles from Ocean Reef Club at the northern tip to Tavernier at the southern end. Key Largo is connected to the mainland of Florida by Route US 1 aka the Overseas Highway. Scuba diving and snorkeling are popular activities, earning Key Largo the moniker, “Dive Capital of the World.” The area boasts warm, crystal-clear waters, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, the African Queen and the largest man made artificial reef in the world. Boating, fishing and other water sports are also favorite activities.
A relaxed vibe permeates life in Key Largo yet residents can access professional, financial and medical services with ease.
Real estate in Key Largo includes condominiums, single-family homes, lots, and boat slips. There are even some private islands for sale! You can learn more about the island of Key Largo and it's surrounding area by visiting our Key Largo page here.
- Population: 10,433 (2010 census)
- Location: Key Largo is located in the area between Mile Markers 94-103 on the Overseas Highway but actually stretches for 30 miles to include the northern reaches of the Keys.
- Average Temperature: January low 62℉, high 75℉ - July low 79℉, high 90℉
- Florida Everglades: 30 minutes
- Miami International Airport: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Key Largo: 15 minutes or less
- Key West: 2 hours