Upper Matecumbe Key is part of the Upper Keys and is fully a part of the Village of Islamorada. Upper Matecumbe Key is the location of the original settlement site of Islamorada, and a number of Indian Mounds and habitation sites can be found throughout the island. It is close to all of the qualities and features that can be expected from Islamorada.
- Population: 6,435 (Islamorada)
- Location: Upper Matecumbe Key is located at Mile Markers 79-83.5, between the islands of Windley Key and Lower Matecumbe Key.
- Average Temperature: January low 62℉, high 75℉ - July low 79℉, high 90℉
- Miami International Airport: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- Key Largo: 30 Minutes
- Marathon: 40 Minutes
- Key West: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes